The Japan Information Center of the Consulate-General of Japan in Chicago will hold a Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Program Information Session for those who are interested in finding out more about teaching English or working for a local government in Japan. Learn more about the opportunity here: http://
The application will be open from October until early November.
JET Program alumni will be on hand to speak with prospective applicants and talk about their experience. Alumni will give brief presentations on the following topics:
* What Does an Assistant Language Teacher (ALT) Do?
* What Does a Coordinator of International Relations (CIR) Do?
* Placements / Living Conditions in Japan
* Money Matters (Salary, Benefits, Living Expenses, Budgets)
* Culture Shock and Cross-Cultural Communication